Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BodyPump Time

Today’s Workout:

60 minutes BodyPump class
25 minutes HIIT on the stationary bike (I was a sweaty BEAST when I was done today!)

Have you ever tried a BodyPump class? Here’s the description from the Les Mills site:

“BODYPUMP™ is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for – and fast! Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYPUMP™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.”


My gym just showed off the newest release this morning and I am a FAN. The chest and lunge track were challenging (like always) but the shoulder track was really INTENSE. I really, really like the new release.

After my marathon last year, I REALLY got into BodyPump, doing it about 3 times every week. I had a bit of burnout from doing it so often and went on to other things. In the last few weeks, I have ventured back into doing it twice a week and feel it gives me a great total body weight workout. If you belong to a gym that offers this class, you should definitely check it out. It will make your muscles BURN like crazy!!


(Pictures found here)

No comments:

Post a Comment