Monday, December 27, 2010

Reasons for the "No-Blog" Zone

One of the big reasons that I haven't been blogging much here has been because of this little baby...
After six months (and a lot of studying crammed into the last 3 weeks or so!!) I officially became a certified personal trainer as of December 18th, 2010. So from here on out, I will be signing my name like this...
Dadra S. Call B.S., NASM CPT
(Totally kidding, of course!!)
It feels so nice to have completed this. While I am not quite sure where this will take me or what exactly I will do with myself now, it is something that I've wanted to do for a really long time and I'm glad that I was finally able to do it!!
Another, even bigger reason for the lack of blogging has been this...
Soon after completing my half-marathon I found out I was expecting baby #3!! After finding out, I had two weeks of feeling great followed by 6 weeks of misery. I have never been so sick for such a continuous amount of time in my life. Fortunately I was able to keep up with most of my work outs since the only relief I would get was from sleep or exercise endorphins. Many times I would feel completely lousy when leaving for the gym in the mornings, but within about 20 minutes, most of the sickies would pass and I would end up having a pretty good workout.
I am currently just over 14 weeks along (not sorry to see you go, first trimester!!) and my workouts have been pretty much the same so far (I did start wearing a heartrate monitor to some of my more intense gym classes just to make sure I was keeping it below 160...what my doctor recommends since I was very active pre-pregnancy.)

Now that I'm done studying and feeling pukey, I'm hoping to be back on here more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment