A medicine ball is a great way to burn some serious calories and have “a ball” doing it!! They usually range in weight from 2-20 lbs so your level of intensity and work can change as you progress to heavier weights.
Here are a few of my favorite medicine ball exercises…
1. Medicine Ball Push-ups w/ Roll: Place one hand on ball and perform a push-up then roll the ball to the other side and repeat
2. Medicine Ball Squat & Reach: Hold ball at chest level, squat down then raise ball overhead as you stand back up
3. Medicine Ball Lunge & Twist: Do either a forward or reverse lunge and while you’re in the down position, twist toward the leg in front
4. Medicine Ball Slam: Reach overhead then using your entire body, slam the ball hard onto the floor and let it bounce back up to you
5. Medicine Ball Overhead Toss: Place ball behind your head and then throw it overhead against a sturdy wall and catch it on its way back down
6. Sitting Russian Twist: Sit and lean back while rotating ball from side to side
This is just a sample of the many different kinds of exercises that you can do with a medicine ball. Try to do this as a circuit (10-15 repetitions of each exercise back-to-back) for a great strength workout that will also have you sweating pretty good.