Have you ever worked out with these before…
Resistance bands are a great way to get in a workout no matter where you are because they are so light and portable. You could easily sneak these into your luggage while you’re on vacation or simply have a set at home if you can’t get to the gym.
Here are a few of my favorite exercises to perform with resistance bands:
1. Squat to press (Place bands under feet, hands gripping handles of resistance bands, squat down then as you rise up from the squat, raise your hands into an overhead press)
2. Band Rows (Place the bands around a pole or tree and pull handles behind you as you face the tree/pole. The further away you are from the tree/pole, the more resistance and harder the exercise.)
3. Band Chest Press (Place the bands around a pole or tree and pull handles in front of you while facing away from the tree/pole.)
4. Band Walks (Place bands under feet and hold handles near hips. Step out to the right then out to the left. For more resistance, try crossing the band in front of you.)
5. Lateral Raise/Front Raise (Place bands under feet and lift your arms out to the side for a lateral raise and to the front for a front raise. Keep your arms straight through the exercise.)
So here’s just a few exercises just to get you started. Experiment just a little and you can find a lot of different things to do with the resistance band!!