Back in the day, I remember when I could skip rope for hours and hours and hardly break a sweat. Now this same activity is quite the workout!!
It doesn’t seem to matter how physically fit I think I am, jumping rope always kicks my booty and gives me a great sweat session. In this morning’s boot camp, we did a lot of jumping rope (and lots of shuttle runs too…remember doing these with erasers back in elementary school?)
Here’s the jump roping circuit that we did…
1. 30 seconds of straight jumping (30 seconds of rest)
2. 30 seconds of side to side jumping (30 seconds of rest)
3. 30 seconds of heel tap jumping (30 seconds of rest)
4. 30 seconds of toe tap jumping (30 seconds of rest)
5. 30 seconds of high knee jumping (30 seconds of rest)
If you’re a great jumper, increase the work segments to 60 seconds but keep the rest at 30 seconds for each exercise. Complete the entire circuit 2-3 times. Hopefully this little workout will help to channel your inner child!!