Friday, September 24, 2010

Pumpkin Time

I have been CRAVING anything pumpkin for a LONG time. Alas, I could not find any canned pumpkin anywhere. (I know, I know...I could clean out, cook and smash up a real pumpkin but that seems to be a lot of trouble when I know how quick, easy and yummy Libby's pure canned pumpkin is!!)

I was super excited this week when I went to the store and what did my eyes behold....LIBBY'S CANNED PUMPKIN!! I was so thrilled that I bought 5 cans.

I have been having pumpkin inspired dishes all week....pumpkin w/ greek yogurt, pumpkin pancakes, etc...but my favorite pumpkin creation to date is the Pumpkin Smoothie...

It was like drinkable pumpkin pie!! (That maybe doesn't sound as good as it tasted, but believe me, it was YUMMY!)

I added a banana, two big spoonfuls of canned pumpkin, about 2 t. pumpkin pie spice, vanilla protein powder along with water and ice. It was the perfect post-workout meal!

Talking Point: Do you love pumpkin as much as I do? What kind of yummy smoothies do you like to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment