Friday, August 6, 2010

Music Mojo

I think everyone has a song that makes you get your groove thing on...a song that just listening to makes you want to get up and move, dance, run, bike, etc. I call this your "music mojo." Sometimes the right song helps to make those last few reps/miles/laps a bit more bearable, and dare I say it...even fun!! I have a lot of these songs in my life, but this one is my new fave. Go ahead and listen to it...I bet you can't do it without at least bouncing your foot a bit!

Shakira: Waka, Waka (This Time for Africa)

My daughter loves rocking out to this song and my son loves watching all of the soccer balls in the video! And did you catch some of the lyrics...

"The pressure's on, you feel it...But you got it all, believe it...When you fall, get up, oh oh...And if you fall, get up, eh eh...Today's your day, I feel it...You paved the way, believe it...If you get down, get up, oh oh...When you get down, get up, eh eh..."

Pretty good motivation for those tough workouts, don't you think?!?!

Talking Point: What is one of you favorite "music mojo" songs, one that makes you work even that much harder?

1 comment:

  1. This is my new favorite song as well. I would also love to see a list of songs that you use. After hearing the song "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga on Dancing With The Stars it has become a new song that I enjoy listening to. I am not much of a runner but I think that if I had a bunch of songs that I got to listen to when I ran it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete